Are you ready to get the support you need for your author career and life? Join International Indie Bestseller, Angela J. Ford, and fantasy author, Stephanie BwaBwa, as they talk all things writing, publishing, and the real life of an indie author.
Welcome to the Indie Author Lifestyle Show. Living your best indie life starts here.
In episode five you will learn:
- The #1 thing authors accidentally do to damage their brand.
- How to effectively use social media as an author and how often you should really post.
- Why you should give yourself permission to unplug and enjoy living your life.
- What to do if you have an established fan base but need to re-brand yourself.
- Author branding – what is it and where to start without being spammy.
- Staying patient and using consistency to build your tribe of book ambassadors.
- Introvert versus extrovert: how to market yourself even if you’re an introvert.
- The benefits of a local writing group and what to do if there isn’t one near you.
About Shayla Raquel
An expert editor, seasoned writer, and author-centric marketer, Shayla Raquel works one-on-one with authors and business owners every day. A lifelong lover of books, she has edited over 400 books and has launched several Amazon bestsellers for her clients.
Her award-winning blog teaches new and established authors how to write, publish, and market their books.
She is the author of the Pre-Publishing Checklist, The Rotting (in Shivers in the Night), The Suicide Tree, andThe 10 Commandments of Author Branding. In her not-so-free time, she acts as organizer for the Yukon Writers’ Society, volunteers at the Oklahoma County Jail, and obsesses over squirrels. She lives in Oklahoma with her dogs, Chanel, Wednesday, and Baker.
Get the 10 Commandments of Author Branding:
Shayla’s commandments teach authors how to:
- Be yourself, not a marketing robot.
- Choose a social media platform that works for you.
- Launch your book without slamming your head against a wall.
- Find book ambassadors who fangirl over your book.
- Practice consistency rather than giving up after a month.
Connect with Shayla:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or https://shaylaraquel.com/contact
The journey to becoming a full-time author on your own terms doesn’t have to be lonely or hard.
We have an awesome community where we chat daily, write together, and motivate each other.
Join the Indie Author Lifestyle Community by going to www.indieauthorlifestyle.com/innercircle.
Listen to previous episodes: