Are you ready to get the support you need for your author career and life? Join International Indie Bestseller, Angela J. Ford, and fantasy author, Stephanie BwaBwa, as they talk all things writing, publishing, and the real life of an indie author.
Welcome to the Indie Author Lifestyle Show. Living your best indie life starts here.
In episode ten you will learn:
- When to stop studying and start your indie author career.
- Keeping up with shifts and changes in the indie author marketplace.
- Ensuring your book covers works well with your genre.
- Why you should work with a professional editor and not a family member.
- Don’t cut corners when it comes to indie publishing! Here’s why.
- Ideas for getting over the hump when it comes to actually publishing your book.
- The difference between a developmental edit, a content editor and a proofread.
- Where to go to publish your ebook and paperbacks.
- The difference between an alpha reader and a beta reader and why you should use them to prefect your novel before it goes to the editing phase.
- What to do when your novel is with your editor.
- Do you need to go fast? Here’s why you should step back and take a break.
- When to look for and hire a cover designer.
- The challenges of writing a book blurb and how to overcome them (plus a neat trick).
Links Mentioned in the Show
The journey to becoming a full-time author on your own terms doesn’t have to be lonely or hard.
We have an awesome community where we chat daily, write together, and motivate each other.
Join the Indie Author Lifestyle Community by going to www.indieauthorlifestyle.com/innercircle.
Listen to Previous Episodes