Are you ready to get the support you need for your author career and life? Join International Indie Bestseller, Angela J. Ford, and fantasy author, Stephanie BwaBwa, as they talk all things writing, publishing, and the real life of an indie author.
Welcome to the Indie Author Lifestyle Show. Living your best indie life starts here.
In episode thirteen you will learn:
- Book marketing strategies to test out in 2020.
- 111 rejections? Here’s why you should never give up.
- World-building and writing? How to figure out what your unique style is.
- Do you need to know how many books you’re going to write before you start a series? Here’s what you should do.
- Where to start with marketing your book.
- Why you should treat your books like a business.
- What to do if you aren’t getting traction with your books.
- Taking an honest look at your work to fix the marketable issues you might have.
- How to balance writing what you love versus writing to market.
- Why you should modify your ideas to make them marketable.
- Conducting market research? Use these tips.
- Should you focus on trends? Here’s why you might, or might not want to.
- How coaching can help you move forward book marketing strategies.
- Why you should diversify your revenue streams as much as possible.
- What to know before you start selling book swag (hint: intellectual property law.)
- An insider view on writing setting, characters and story.
- How to balance being a hybrid author (both indie and traditional.)
About Elise Kova
Elise Kova is the USA Today bestselling author of the Air Awakens series, Loom Saga, and Wish Quartet.
In her past lives, she has graduated from an MBA program, lived in Japan for a bit, and worked for a Fortune 500 technology company. However, she finds herself much happier in her current reincarnation as full-time author. When not writing, she can usually be found playing video games, drawing, watching anime, or talking with readers on social media. She’s happy to call Saint Petersburg, Florida, her home, but is always looking forward to her next trip.
Connect with Elise
The journey to becoming a full-time author on your own terms doesn’t have to be lonely or hard.
We have an awesome community where we chat daily, write together, and motivate each other.
Join the Indie Author Lifestyle Community by going to www.indieauthorlifestyle.com/innercircle.
Listen to previous episodes: