Are you ready to record your first audiobook? Here’s what you need to know before you begin.
In episode eighteen you will learn:
- What is an audiobook and where you can get them. Plus check out these 5 audiobook services.
- Why an audiobook is a different experience from reading a book.
- The benefits of having an audiobook for your book series.
- How to find a narrator who can characterize your stories just the way you envision.
- Determining whether you should read your own audiobook or hire a narrator. Need more? Read this.
- Understanding what PFH and other audiobook terminology means.
- Creating a relationship with a narrator so you can work with them for future books and understanding what your expectations are for voices.
- What to do if you want to record your own audiobook and what tools you need.
- The future of audiobooks and whether you should create audiobooks for your backlist.
Links Mentioned in the Show:
Host’s Corner: A peek behind the scenes of what we’re working on
Stephanie BwaBwa is working on Seraphim Falling. Learn more about the short story here.
Angela J. Ford is marketing for the release of Pawn. Learn more about the novel here.
The journey to becoming a full-time author on your own terms doesn’t have to be lonely or hard.
We have an awesome community where we chat daily, write together, and motivate each other.
Join the Indie Author Lifestyle Community by going to www.indieauthorlifestyle.com/innercircle.
Listen to Previous Episodes
- 017: An Entrepreneurial Path to Multiple Stream of Income with Melissa Frey
- 016: A Candid Conversation on Taking Risks and Dreaming Big
- 015: Staying True to your Creativity & Writing with JA Andrews
- 014: How to Build and Engage your Email List
- 013: Expert Book Marketing Strategies from a Best-Selling Author with Elise Kova
- 012: Habits, Mindset & Goals of Successful Authors