Are you struggling with flat characters, showing character growth or crafting relatable characters? In this week’s episode, Stephanie BwaBwa gives us top strategies for crafting real and relatable characters.
In episode twenty you will learn:
- What is character development and tips for writers who struggle with making their characters come alive.
- Using your character’s environment to shape who they are.
- Strategies to connect to your character that goes beyond physical appearance.
- How to highlight character flaws without making them annoying.
- Ways to show character growth so readers can see the difference between the character at the beginning of the book versus the end of the book.
- The #1 thing you need to know before writing your first character.
Host’s Corner: A peek behind the scenes of what we’re working on
Stephanie BwaBwa finished plotting her first novella in the Seraphim Resistance series and tweaked the episodic series she sends to her readers every week. working on Seraphim Falling. Learn more here.
Angela J. Ford is working on the 2nd book in her Night of the Dark Fae series. Learn more about the novel here.
REGISTER FOR AN UPCOMING WORKSHOP
- March Workshop: How to Craft Engaging Emails – Register Now!
- April Workshop: How to Get Reviews on Amazon – Register Now!
The journey to becoming a full-time author on your own terms doesn’t have to be lonely or hard.
We have an awesome community where we chat daily, write together, and motivate each other.
Join the Indie Author Lifestyle Community by going to www.indieauthorlifestyle.com/innercircle.