Starting a new project? Do you know how to budget for your next book or are you wasting time and money? Listen in as Angela and Stephanie share tips on budgeting for your indie author career.
IN EPISODE 22 YOU WILL LEARN:
- What to think about when packaging your book and the timeline and costs to keep in mind.
- Why should have a monthly budget for marketing.
- Costs you should consider, especially if you’re a new author.
- Startup costs for an indie author you might not be aware of and what you shouldn’t waste money on.
- When to expect a decent ROI in your books.
- Budgeting your time wisely when it comes to writing, marketing and publishing.
- Being aware of the places where you can cut costs.
HOST’S CORNER: A PEEK BEHIND THE SCENES OF WHAT WE’RE WORKING ON
Stephanie BwaBwa wrote over 10k this week and is closer to finishing her first draft for Seraphim Resistance and most importantly, having FUN with her story. She also hired the narrator for Seraphim Falling. Learn more here.
Angela J. Ford wrote the ending of Fated and is getting chills working on her draft. Learn more about the novel here.
REGISTER FOR AN UPCOMING WORKSHOP
BUDGETING FOR INDIE AUTHORS – This workshop will deep dive into how to create a smart budget for your indie author career.
Join the Indie Author Lifestyle Community
The journey to becoming a full-time author on your own terms doesn’t have to be lonely or hard.
We have an awesome community where we chat daily, write together, and motivate each other.
Join the Indie Author Lifestyle Community by going to www.indieauthorlifestyle.com/innercircle.
LISTEN TO PREVIOUS EPISODES
- 021: Exploring Magical Systems, Crafting Flawed Characters & Building a World that Readers Love with Miri C. Golden
- 020: Top Strategies for Crafting Real and Relatable Characters with Stephanie BwaBwa
- 019: Balancing Your Indie Career When Using A Pen Name with Alisha Klapheke
- 018: What Indie Authors need to know about Audiobooks with Angela J. Ford
- 017: An Entrepreneurial Path to Multiple Stream of Income with Melissa Frey
- 016: A Candid Conversation on Taking Risks and Dreaming Big