Does writing multiple genres under the same name skew your audiences and profitability? Listen in to Jordan Rivet as she shares her methods on writing multiple series in multiple genres.
IN EPISODE 23 YOU WILL LEARN:
- Does writing multiple genres under the same name skew your audience and profitability?
- How to balance writing more than one book at a time and in multiple genres.
- Plotting your novel to keep the pacing and momentum throughout the story.
- Using life transformations to stimulate your writing.
- Developing characters organically and learning about them by writing their story.
- Writing series over a stand-alone and why it’s more profitable.
- When to determine how many books will be in a series.
- What to do if you get tired of writing the same characters in a series.
- The mindset and expectations you should have when you publish your first book.
ABOUT JORDAN RIVET
Jordan Rivet is an American author of swashbuckling fantasy and post-apocalyptic science fiction. She has written sixteen books across five series, including YA fantasy adventures Steel and Fire, Empire of Talents, and The Fire Queen’s Apprentice, and science fiction including Wake Me After the Apocalypse and The Seabound Chronicles.
Originally from Arizona, Jordan lives in Hong Kong with her husband. When she’s not writing, she likes to read, travel, binge-watch TV shows, and eat other people’s cooking.
Jordan’s books are available in ebook, audio, and paperback.
CONNECT WITH JORDAN
Links mentioned in the show:
We’d love to hear from you! Leave a comment below or tag us on Instagram with your #1 takeaway from this week’s episode. Each month we’ll pick one person to win access to one of our paid workshops.
Stephanie BwaBwa is working on her series and strategizing how to write multiple series at the same time. Learn more about Stephanie’s work here.
Angela J. Ford shares about her upcoming serial and how she’s excited about working on fantasy romance short stories. Learn more about her serial here.
REGISTER FOR A WORKSHOP
Workshops are designed for career authors who want in depth training on certain topics to help you take your career to the next level. Join us each month to dig into writing, publishing and book marketing strategies for only $27.99 plus access to the exclusive community.
- March Workshop: How to Craft Engaging Emails – Register Now!
- April Workshop: How to Get Reviews on Amazon – Register Now!
join the community
The journey to becoming a full-time author on your own terms doesn’t have to be lonely or hard.
We have an awesome community where we chat daily, write together, and motivate each other.
Join the Indie Author Lifestyle Community by going to www.indieauthorlifestyle.com/innercircle.