How do you make your stories addictive? Listen to bestselling fantasy author, Andy Peloquin as he shares about anti-heroes, using research in writing, and creating a connection to your readers that leaves your audience wanting more.
IN EPISODE 27 YOU WILL LEARN:
- Why writing thieves, bounty hunters, and people on the wrong side of the law is so much more fun.
- Using psychology and neurology in writing to find a connection to your characters.
- How to stay on schedule with writing and releasing without getting burnt out.
- The logistics of sitting down and ironing out an entire series included books and themes.
- What to do to keep writing fun, surprise yourself, and continue to come up with new ideas.
- How to use research to better understand people, give them their own voice and help the reader see from a different perspective or viewpoint.
- Evolving your world building based around your character’s backstory and need.
- Using characters to make your stories addictive.
- Why you should work with an editor who pushes you and helps you grow as a writer.
- Marketing as an author and finding success by using Facebook and Amazon Ads.
- Tips and recommendations for being more fan centric when it comes to social media.
- Asking your reader questions to start the conversation and encourage a back and forth connection.
- Advice for authors who are writing and publishing but not as inspired as they’d like to be.
ABOUT ANDY PELOQUIN
First and foremost, Andy is a storyteller and an artist–words are his palette. Fantasy and science fiction are his genres of choice, and he loves to explore the darker side of human nature through the filter of heroes, villains, and everything in between. He is also a freelance writer, a book lover, and a guy who just loves to meet new people and spend hours talking about his fascination for the worlds he encounters in the pages of fantasy and sci-fi novels.
Speculative fiction provide us with an escape, a way to forget about our mundane problems and step into worlds where anything is possible. It transcends age, gender, religion, race, or lifestyle–it is our way of believing what cannot be, delving into the unknowable, and discovering hidden truths about ourselves and our world in a brand new way. Fiction at its very best!
CONNECT WITH ANDY
We’d love to hear from you! Leave a comment below or tag us on Instagram with your #1 takeaway from this week’s episode. Each month we’ll pick one person to win access to one of our paid workshops.
Stephanie BwaBwa is out of her writing slump and having fun diving into her serial with an angelic storm elemental. Learn more about Stephanie’s work here.
REGISTER FOR A WORKSHOP
Workshops are designed for career authors who want in depth training on certain topics to help you take your career to the next level. Join us each month to dig into writing, publishing and book marketing strategies for only $27.99 plus access to the exclusive community. Learn more about Workshops here.
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
The journey to becoming a full-time author on your own terms doesn’t have to be lonely or hard.
We have an awesome community where we chat daily, write together, and motivate each other.
Join the Indie Author Lifestyle Community by going to www.indieauthorlifestyle.com/innercircle.