To pre-order or not to pre-order? 99 cents or full price? This episode covers book launching challenges authors face and simple steps to overcome them.
IN EPISODE 28 YOU WILL LEARN:
- Should you pre-order or live launch? The answer may surprise you.
- How established authors can use pre-orders, ad campaigns and newsletter swaps to boost sales.
- The kinds of authors you should target when you’re releasing a book.
- Why you shouldn’t have a one-day spike during your launch and what you should focus on instead.
- 99 cents or full price? Pricing strategies for new and established authors.
- The pros and cons of Kindle Unlimited and how to make money with page reads.
- What authors often forget about when pricing their books.
- How to avoid returns and low quality readers.
- Understanding also-boughts and the dangerous of pushing your books on friends and family.
- Using your review team to get more reviews.
- Advertising your book and how to be successful with it.
- Pro Tips for using Amazon Ads especially when you release a book plus how to track your ads to ensure you are profitable.
- Is advertising necessary for an indie author?
- The importance of newsletter swaps and how to use them to make your book launch effective.
- How to use research for your book launch.
- What to do after your book releases to keep it selling.
- Social media strategies for authors.
- The #1 takeaway for authors on planning a book launch.
LINKS MENTIONED IN THE SHOW:
- Inkarnate – Create Fantasy Maps
- Mark Dawson’s Ads for Authors – Course
- Help! My Facebook Ads Suck – Book Series
- Ads for Authors Who Hate Ads – Book
- Art of the Arcane Bookfunnel Management
We’d love to hear from you! Leave a comment below or tag us on Instagram with your #1 takeaway from this week’s episode. Each month we’ll pick one person to win access to one of our paid workshops.
Stephanie BwaBwa finished episode 2 of her serial and has begun a fantasy romance serial with an island girl and a man from the sea. Interested? Learn more about her books here.
Angela J. Ford is jotting down ideas on her fantasy romance serial and planning her big epic fantasy series for 2021. Learn more about her books here.
REGISTER FOR A WORKSHOP
Workshops are designed for career authors who want in depth training on certain topics to help you take your career to the next level. Join us each month to dig into writing, publishing and book marketing strategies for only $27.99 plus access to the exclusive community. Sign up for a workshop here.
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
The journey to becoming a full-time author on your own terms doesn’t have to be lonely or hard.
We have an awesome community where we chat daily, write together, and motivate each other.
LISTEN TO PREVIOUS EPISODES
- 027: The Power of Research for Writing Addictive Stories with Bestselling Author Andy Peloquin
- 026: The Healthy Indie Author
- 025: Write, Publish, Repeat with Bestselling Fantasy Author J.T. Williams
- 024: The True Elements of Crafting A Superior Villain For Your Novel with Hosts Angela & Stephanie
- 023: Writing Multiple Series in Multiple Genres with Jordan Rivet
- 022: Knowing What & How to Budget to Advance your Indie Author Career