Interesting in co-writing an epic fantasy series? Robert Zangari takes us behind the scenes of cowriting a 12-book series with his dad.
IN EPISODE 29 YOU WILL LEARN:
- The creative freedom of self-publishing.
- How to take someone else’s vision and incorporate ideas to embellish the plot line.
- The process of co-writing and whether you should write back and forth with your co-author.
- How to combine two difference voices when developing characters.
- Compromising when it comes to co-writing and how to settle disagreements.
- Scheduling your epic fantasy series and determining how many books and how often to release.
- Marketing tactics for an epic fantasy series including kickstarters, reader magnets and pricing.
- Finding a constant source of constant inspiration and asking the question: What if?
- Advice for authors who want to start co-writing but don’t know how/where to begin.
ABOUT ROBERT ZANGARI
Robert Zangari is a fantasy fiction writer and co-author of the Legends of Kalda universe. He started his writing career in 2009 writing non-fiction but switched to writing fantasy novels in 2011 to help his father, Dan Zangari. Since 1991, Dan had been writing a fantasy epic but due to other responsibilities the work was never completed. However in 2011 Robert began working with his father. Together they created a new series based on Dan’s original concepts called, Tales of the Amulet.
Robert grew up in northern Utah where he attended Weber State University and the University of Utah, studying Bio-medical Engineering. He served a proselyting mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in eastern Tennessee. He currently resides in Utah, just north of Salt Lake City, with his wife, three daughters, and their dog, Chewie. When he’s not writing, he enjoys immersing himself in stories through a variety of mediums (Books, plays/musicals, TV, Movies and Video Games), practicing martial arts, spending time with his family and serving in his Church.
CONNECT WITH ROBERT
We’d love to hear from you! Leave a comment below or tag us on Instagram with your #1 takeaway from this week’s episode. Each month we’ll pick one person to win access to one of our paid workshops.
Stephanie BwaBwa just got the brand new cover for Seraphim Falling. She is testing out marketing strategies to see what works best for her series. See the new cover here!
Angela J. Ford just released Curse of the Healer, finished writing Fated and just released the audiobook for Pawn. Learn more about her books here.
REGISTER FOR A WORKSHOP
Workshops are designed for career authors who want in depth training on certain topics to help you take your career to the next level. Join us each month to dig into writing, publishing and book marketing strategies for only $27.99 plus access to the exclusive community. Learn more about Workshops here.
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
The journey to becoming a full-time author on your own terms doesn’t have to be lonely or hard.
We have an awesome community where we chat daily, write together, and motivate each other.
Join the Indie Author Lifestyle Community by going to www.indieauthorlifestyle.com/innercircle.
LISTEN TO PREVIOUS EPISODES:
- 028: Book Launching Basics: Pricing, Pre-Orders and Planning
- 027: The Power of Research for Writing Addictive Stories with Bestselling Author Andy Peloquin
- 026: The Healthy Indie Author
- 025: Write, Publish, Repeat with Bestselling Fantasy Author J.T. Williams
- 024: The True Elements of Crafting A Superior Villain For Your Novel with Hosts Angela & Stephanie
- 023: Writing Multiple Series in Multiple Genres with Jordan Rivet