What does your writing process look like? Fantasy author, Jeffrey L. Kohonek shares his process on writing and marketing best selling fantasy novels.
IN EPISODE 31 YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to take your creativity and funnel it into storytelling.
- Crafting magic systems for your fantasy novels.
- Taking a series and going from an heavy plotter to a light outliner.
- Using characters to move your story forward.
- Gaining confidence in your writing process and understanding whether your need to plot or pants your series.
- Magic systems, world building and maps: key things to start your fantasy series.
- What to do if you struggle with character growth and deciding what your character(s) should do next.
- The key marketing strategies for fantasy authors.
- Why you should plan your releases to cover the months when income is low versus the months when income is higher.
- Testing different ad strategies and using a backup plan to give you more funds to test with.
- How to find quality subscribers for your email list.
- Fostering community with your email list and how to keep them coming back for more.
- Do free and 99 cent books still work?
ABOUT Jeffrey L. Kohanek
Jeffrey L. Kohanek is an international bestselling author, best known for his Runes of Issalia and Wardens of Issalia epic fantasy series.
He grew up in rural Minnesota where comic books sparked his young imagination, inspiring fantasies of heroes with super-powers saving the day. His tastes later evolved to fantasy epics featuring unlikely heroes overcoming impossible odds to save worlds born from the writer’s imagination.
Now residing in southern California, Jeff uses his imagination to weave tales of engaging characters caught in fantastic plots to inspire the dreamer within us all.
You can contact Jeffrey at author@JeffreyLKohanek.com
CONNECT WITH Jeffrey
We’d love to hear from you! Leave a comment below or tag us on Instagram with your #1 takeaway from this week’s episode. Each month we’ll pick one person to win access to one of our paid workshops.
Stephanie BwaBwa is working on her serial and excited about the Indie Author Lifestyle Anthology. Want to submit? Click here for ALL the details.
Angela J. Ford is stretching her creativity by writing short stories and is wrapping up her third one, Lord of the Castle. Learn more about her books here.
REGISTER FOR A WORKSHOP
Workshops are designed for career authors who want in depth training on certain topics to help you take your career to the next level. Join us each month to dig into writing, publishing and book marketing strategies for only $27.99 plus access to the exclusive community. Learn more about Workshops here.
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
The journey to becoming a full-time author on your own terms doesn’t have to be lonely or hard.
We have an awesome community where we chat daily, write together, and motivate each other.
Join the Indie Author Lifestyle Community by going to www.indieauthorlifestyle.com/innercircle.