Do you have consistent writing habits? In episode 32, we discuss how we develop consistency especially amid distractions and differing schedules. Listen in for pro tips on how to develop consistent writing habits during the summer.
IN EPISODE 32 YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to develop a consistent schedule that allows you to write, edit, repeat.
- Why having a daily routine is mandatory for productivity.
- Using multiple writing sessions to help you maintain your flow and increase your word count.
- Working backward to determine how many words you’ll need to write per day to finish your work in progress.
- Why writing to hit a word count doesn’t always work, and here’s what you should do if you’re struggling.
- How to create more productive writing sessions by plotting.
- Staying focused when you have multiple distractions.
- Why you should have an accountability partner or someone who can help you stay focused on your goals.
- Ways to stay consistent every single day to increase your word count and production.
- Afraid of the blank page? Here’s some suggestions to overcome the fear of starting.
- Why you should identify when you do your best work.
- The importance of trusting yourself when writing so you can overcome your writing fears.
- What to do when you have ideas for other stories and want to quit your current project and start something new.
LINKS MENTIONED IN THE SHOW:
We’d love to hear from you! Leave a comment below or tag us on Instagram with your #1 takeaway from this week’s episode. Each month we’ll pick one person to win access to one of our paid workshops.
Stephanie BwaBwa is working on a brand new series that focuses on mages and sirens who are at war with each other. Learn more about her books here.
Stephanie’s Book Recommendations:
Fiction Recommendation – Steel and Fire Series by Jordan Rivet (YA Fantasy Series)
NonFiction Recommendation – Build your Best Writing Life by Kristen Kieffer
Angela J. Ford is wrapping up Realm of Rulers and feeling refreshed after taking a break from the series. Learn more about her books here.
Angela’s Book Recommendations
Fiction Recommendation – Ink Mage by Victor Gischler
NonFiction Recommendation – Self-Editing for Fiction Writers by Renni Browne and Dave King
REGISTER FOR A WORKSHOP
Workshops are designed for career authors who want in depth training on certain topics to help you take your career to the next level. Join us each month to dig into writing, publishing and book marketing strategies for only $27.99 plus access to the exclusive community. Sign up for a workshop here.
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
The journey to becoming a full-time author on your own terms doesn’t have to be lonely or hard.
We have an awesome community where we chat daily, write together, and motivate each other.