Have you lost the joy of writing? In this week’s episode, we interview Steampunk & Fantasy Author, Maram Tiabah, who shares her journey to becoming an indie author and why you should focus on the joy and wonder of writing.
IN EPISODE 33 YOU WILL LEARN:
- The whys behind Maram’s journey to become an indie author.
- Using pre-orders to market your books.
- Why you need to have a budget for book marketing.
- Creative versus entrepreneur mindset and why you need to have both.
- Tips for introverts who want to market their books.
- Why fan engagement is necessary and how it can inspire you to keep writing.
- Leaning into your ideas instead of suppressing them or waiting until you are “ready.”
- How to develop characters by instinctually observing the world around you.
- Collecting visuals that remind you of the world you’re about to bring to life.
- Why you shouldn’t be afraid to play like a kid again and enjoy the magic and wonder of the world.
ABOUT MARAM TIABAH
Maram Taibah is a children’s fantasy author, born in Montreal, Canada. She was raised in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, which, at times, was the most unimaginative place. This pushed her to escape into books at a very early age and from there into the craft of storytelling.
Maram has written children’s steampunk book called Weathernose, the first in the Cerulean Universe Series. She’s currently working on the sequel (stay tuned!)
Maram is not only a fiction author but also a screenwriter and filmmaker. In 2014 she made her first short film Munkeer and in 2016, Don’t Go Too Far, both of which were screened at the Cannes Short Film Corner.
Maram currently lives in Kingston, Ontario. She loves gardening, bike rides, and karaoke.
CONNECT WITH MARAM
We’d love to hear from you! Leave a comment below or tag us on Instagram with your #1 takeaway from this week’s episode. Each month we’ll pick one person to win access to one of our paid workshops.
Stephanie BwaBwa is enjoying getting out to local parks and digging into her fantasy romance. Even though she’s working on multiple ideas, she focuses on one thing at a time. Learn more about her books here.
Angela J. Ford is enjoying nature (her back porch) and is working on multiple projects including the 4th book in one of her epic fantasy series and lengthening the stories in her fantasy romance serial. Learn more about her books here.
REGISTER FOR A WORKSHOP
Workshops are designed for career authors who want in depth training on certain topics to help you take your career to the next level. Join us each month to dig into writing, publishing and book marketing strategies for only $27.99 plus access to the exclusive community. Learn more about Workshops here.
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
The journey to becoming a full-time author on your own terms doesn’t have to be lonely or hard.
Join the Indie Author Lifestyle Community by going to www.indieauthorlifestyle.com/innercircle.
LISTEN TO PREVIOUS EPISODES:
- 032: Developing Consistent Writing Habits During the Summer
- 031: Strategies for Crafting Best-Selling Novels As A Pantser with Jeffrey L. Kohanek
- 030: Should you Pants or Plot your Next Novel?
- 029: How To Co-Write an Epic Fantasy Series with Robert Zangari
- 028: Book Launching Basics: Pricing, Pre-Orders and Planning
- 027: The Power of Research for Writing Addictive Stories with Bestselling Author Andy Peloquin