Do you have reservations about adding diversity to your novels? In this episode, we discuss how to be intentional about adding diversity to your stories.
IN EPISODE 40 YOU WILL LEARN:
- What is diversity and what it includes more than just race.
- The importance of bringing something new to the table that readers don’t often see.
- What to do if you feel like you can’t bring something new to your stories.
- Why background and viewpoint are important for developing diverse characters.
- How tone can impact the character point of view and personality.
- Why you should expand your horizons and read outside of your genre.
Don’t miss these!
- Fantasy Week hosted by ProWritingAid
- The Women in Publishing Summit
- Writer Readiness by Stephanie BwaBwa
Stephanie is knee-deep in a story she’d been working on for over a year. This is a book about mages and sirens, following a mage princess and a siren prince who come from two different worlds. This is land versus sea, a very slow burn enemies to lovers romance. She’s already finished her first draft and working on revising it using tips we learned from Tiffany Yates Martin. Learn more about her books here.
Angela is wrapping up edits for Music of the Night (Phantom of the Opera meets Beauty and the Beast). As soon as she gets done, she’ll work on the last novel in the Legend of the Nameless One series and she’s excited to see the read-through on the series. Learn more about her books here.
We want to hear from you!
Indie Author Lifestyle wouldn’t be here without you. We’d love to hear your thoughts and takeaways, your questions and struggles with the Indie Author Life. If today’s topic resonated with you, leave a comment below. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Need Simple Strategies for Boosting Book Sales? Join our email list and we’ll send you the free workshop.