Ready to get your creative juices flowing? Listen in to this episode for tips on where to start when researching your novel.
IN EPISODE 42 YOU WILL LEARN:
- Where to start when researching your novel.
- Setting the parameters for your world, magic, and characters.
- What details to pay attention to as you research.
- Where to go to stretch your imagination and get ideas for your characters.
- Using journal prompts and sketching to learn more about your characters and world.
- How to plot visually, and where to go to create your mood board.
- What information you should gather to help make your characters realistic.
- Using situations to figure out what a character’s personality and how they react to others.
- How to be present and in tune with what is around you to gain ideas for your novel.
- Why watching TV shows and movies can help you gain ideas for expanding your world.
- How playing videos can help you get into the mindset of characters.
Links Mentioned in the Show:
Stephanie is still editing her novel with a reminder that it’s a long-term journey. However, the story is going in a direction she did not expect and catching her by surprise. She’s developing a land above the sea and a land below the sea with hot-headed, stubborn characters who have to learn lessons the hard way. It should come out potentially in the summer and after it’s done she’ll dive in to her next story, a retelling of the harlot: Rahab. Learn more about her books here.
Angela is about to dive into a novel that features a water nymph, Treachery of Water will release in June and it will be a great fantasy story with several points of views. She just finished Realm of Power, the last book in the Legend of the Nameless One series, which releases April 2nd. Learn more about her books here.
We want to hear from you!
Indie Author Lifestyle wouldn’t be here without you. We’d love to hear your thoughts and takeaways, your questions and struggles with the Indie Author Life. If today’s topic resonated with you, leave a comment below. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Need Simple Strategies for Boosting Book Sales? Join our email list and we’ll send you the free workshop.